Alice Looking Glass
SFMIX operates an instance of the Alice Looking Glass software.
Alice gives operators a single interface to see routing information for the SFMIX Looking Glass services, as well as the Route Servers.
SFMIX Looking Glass Service
Peering with the SFMIX Looking Glass service is mandatory for all participants.
The SFMIX Looking Glass service is operated as a shared service with a few applications:
- The Looking Glass provides a way to validate your router configuration after initially connecting to the exchange
- The Looking Glass provides a way to test future configuration changes with a low-impact peer that doesn’t directly impact traffic being exchanged, while also giving you a self-service interface to see what the Looking Glass peer on the other end sees from you
- The Looking Glass provides a public source of information for current and prospective peers to understand what prefixes are present at the exchange
- The Looking Glass gives SFMIX operators a quick way to check if your Ethernet and IP configuration is correct, and that your router is reachable.
Quarantine VLAN Looking Glass
In addition to the Looking Glass on the production peering LAN, a parallel Looking Glass service operates on the Quarantine VLAN with the same MAC address and IP addresses as the production Looking Glass.
This can be used by new participants to safely test their Ethernet, IP, and BGP configuration before getting attached to the production peering LAN.
BGP Connection Information
- ASN: 12276
- IPv4: 126.96.36.199
- IPv6: 2001:504:30::ba01:2276:1